Flying to Sardinia
Sardinia has three airports: Cagliari-Elmas, Alghero-Fertilia and Olbia-Costa Smeralda. We strongly recommend flying to Cagliari-Elmas.
From Cagliari-Elmas to Cagliari ARST Bus Station (Piazza Matteotti): there is a shuttle service, which departs from outside the arrivals area and operates every half an hour. A one-way ticket will cost 4,00 € and can be purchased from the ticket machine
in the arrivals area. Tickets purchased on board are subject to an additional charge. The journey lasts ten minutes.
From Alghero-Fertilia to Cagliari: there is a bus service which departs from outside the airport and runs twice per day. The ticket can be purchased on the bus. The journey from Alghero to Cagliari lasts about three hours and a half. Departure times can be checked on the ‘Logudoro Tour’ website: http://www.logudorotours.it/orari.php, where you can also find the company’s phone numbers. We will provide more detailed information about this service as we get closer to the Conference’s dates.
From Olbia-Costa Smeralda to Cagliari: take the bus or a taxi from the airport to Olbia train station then take the train to Cagliari. There are roughly 4 trains a day (see the website of Trenitalia: http://www.fsitaliane.it/homepage.html, click English top right side and select from Olbia to Cagliari). Please note that there is one service which requires that you change at Ozieri-Chilivani. If you travel by train in Sardinia please make sure you validate your tickets before boarding on the train. There are little yellow punching machines on the platform.
Where to Stay
Speakers are asked to make their own arrengements to stay in Cagliari. However, we propose three Conference hotels, which agreed on a discounted price:
1) The Hotel Due Colonne, situated in the quarter of Marina, once home of fishermen, merchants and dockworkers, and today famous for its net of narrow lanes, the smell of fish in the air, the small balconies with sheets hanging out to dry and the many ‘trattorie’, which serve traditional Sardinian food.
Double Room Superior: 97,00€ per night (breakfast included)
Double Room Single Occupancy: 81,00€ per night (breakfast included)
Single Room Superior: 62,00€ per night (breakfast included)
Double Room Deluxe 125,00€ per night (breakfast included)
Double Room Junior Suite 135,00€ (breakfast included)
2) The Hotel Regina Margherita, situated between the old medieval quarter of Castello and the port, in the heart of Cagliari, offers beautiful views on both the city and the sea.
Standard Double Room 148,00€ (breakfast included)
Superior Double Room 160,00€ (breakfast included)
Double Room Single Occupancy Standard 118,00€ (breakfast included)
Double Room Single Occupancy Superior 128,00€ (breakfast included)
3) The Hotel Panorama, with stunning view over the Mediterranean sea and five minutes away from the famous beach of Poetto, is the best choice for those who prefer to stay close to the sea and do not mind a fifteen minutes bus ride to reach the Conference venue.
Double Room 105,00€ (breakfast included)
Double Room Single Occupancy 89,00€ (breakfast included)
Single Room 75,00€ (breakfast included)
Please note: For the conference prices listed above please quote: ‘Convegno Facoltà di Lettere e Filosofia 20-24 Giugno 2012’ at the time of booking.
For those travelling on a low budget, we highly recommend:
the Hostel Marina, in the heart of the old town, with clean ensuite rooms and breakfast included from 25,00€ per person per night.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (please address your messages to Ettore)
We also propose a list of B&Bs (all in the city centre and close to the Conference venue), where you will be well looked after by local hosts and have a freshly prepared breakfast every morning:
- Vista sui tetti
- Antico Palazzo Crisaripa
- Le Torri (offers self-catered studios for two people at 90,00€ per night. Single occupancy € 75,00 per night, extra bed at € 25,00 per night. Please quote ‘Convegno Facoltà di Lettere e Filosofia
20-24 Giugno 2012’ when booking).Email: email@example.com
- Sardinia Domus(offers double rooms at 90,00€ per night and double room single occupancy at 70,00 € per night. No single rooms are available. Please quote ‘Convegno Facoltà di Lettere e Filosofia 20-24 Giugno 2012’ when booking).Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Birkin(offers both double rooms and apartments for more than two people or longer stays).Email: email@example.com
- Roserosse(offers 10% discounts on regular prices if you mention ‘Convegno Facoltà di Lettere e Filosofia 20-24 Giugno 2012’).Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kastrum(offers a discounted price of 50,00€ per night for a single room and 70,00€ per night for a double room. Please quote ‘Convegno Facoltà di Lettere e Filosofia 20-24 Giugno 2012’ when booking).Email: email@example.com
- Villa Cao
- Marina di Castello, close to Cagliari harbour (a little farther than the other B&Bs from the Conference venue).
- Affittacamere Castello (offers both ensuite and not ensuite rooms).
Where to Eat
Most Sardinian ‘trattorie’ can be found in the historical quarter of Marina. We have selected some of them, which are listed below:
- Antica Hostaria, Via Cavour, 60. Prices between €15.00 and €40,00
- Trattoria Gennargentu, Via Sardegna, 60c. Menu from €14,00
- Ristorante Jannas, Via Sardegna 85. Menu from €15,00
- Trattoria E. Lillicu (serves mainly meat dishes ), Via Sardegna 64
- Lillicu Trattoria Tipica (serves mainly fish dishes), Via Sardegna 78
- Da Serafino, Via Sardegna 109. Menu from €15,00
- Bella Calaris, Via Sardegna 37. Menu from €15,00
- Su cumbidu, Via Napoli 13. Menu from €15,00
- Ci pensa Cannas, Via Sardegna 37. Menu from €16,00. SUPER!!!
- Ristorante Al Porto, Via Sardegna 44. Menu from €16,00
- Ristorante Italia, Via Sardegna 26. Menu from €35,00-40,00
- Ristorante da Gobbetta, Via Sardegna 23. Menu from €15,00
- Ristorante da Fabio, Via Sardegna 90. Menu from €18,00
More info on what Cagliari has to offer can be found here