♦ Program Coordinator: Prof. Sebastiano Banni
♦ Program Vice-Coordinator: Prof. Valeria Sogos
♦ Teaching & Training activities:
- Courses – doctorate students will follow courses on basic and specialized topics pertinent to the program, to complement, complete and extend their undergraduate preparation
- Seminars – students will attend specialized seminars on a vast range of topics, presented by both international and national scientists
- Research – doctoral students will work as active researchers in the participating research groups. Enrolled students will also spend a period abroad, working in the laboratories of groups collaborating with UNICA research teams
♦ Research topics:
- Molecular Oncology and Pathology – genetic/epigenetic alterations and molecular epidemiology of solid and ematologic cancers, cancer biomarkers of diagnostic and prognostic value, genes involved in the pathogenesis of rare genetic diseases, molecular mechanisms of neurodegeneration, molecular interactions of pathogens with the host.
- Nutritional and Metabolic Sciences – molecular mechanisms of neuronal and endocrine systems, consequences of deficiencies of specific nutrients or supplement on the functionality of peripheral systems and CNS, impact of dietary habits and physical activity in terms of neurologic, endocrinologic, gastroenterologic, gynecologic and cardiologic disorders.
♦ Duration: 3 years
♦ Working languages: English, Italian
♦ Starting date: 1st October of each year
♦ Admitted students receive, in most cases, financial aid for 3 years, in the form of a fellowship
♦ For details on applications, go to the Admissions section