FULL PROFESSOR OF LOGIC AND PHILOSOPHY OF SCIENCE
phone: +39 0706757299; +39 0558406769
fax: +39 0555351875; +390706757337
- Logico-algebraic structures of quantum mechanics and quantum computation;
- Unsharp quantum logics;
- Fuzzy logics and multi-valued logics;
- Epistemic logics;
- Theoretical computer science.
Author or co-author of more than one hundred of publications, among which :
- four monographies: Quantum Logic and Hidden Variables, Bibliographisches Institut, Mannheim, 1991; with M.L. Dalla Chiara and R. Greechie, Reasoning in Quantum Theory, Kluwer, Dor- drecht, 2004; with M. L. Dalla Chiara and Francesco Paoli, Sperimentare la logica (in Italian), Liguori, Napoli, 2004; with M.L. Dalla Chiara, E. Negri, R. Luciani, From Quantum Informa- tion to Musical Semantics, College Publications, London, 2012;
- more than eighty works on international journals, among which “The Journal of Symbolic Logic”, “Studia Logica”, “Journal of Philosophical Logic”, “Journal of Logic and Computa- tion”, “Algebra Universalis”, “Fuzzy Sets and Systems”, “Reports on Mathematical Logic”, “International Journal of Quantum Information”, “Quantum Information Processing”, “Inter- national Journal of Theoretical Physics”, “Foundations of Physics”, “Synthese”, “Fundamenta Informaticae”, “Soft Computing”, “Mathematica Slovaca”, “Mathware and Soft Comput- ing”, “International Journal of General Systems”, “Communications in Algebra”, “Natural Computing“, “Annalen der Physik”, “Advanced Science Letters”;
more than twenty papers in Collected works, among which one chapter in the “Handbook of Philosophical Logic”, one chapter in the “Encyclopedia of Applied Physics”, one chapter in the “Handbook of Quantum Logic”.
More on publications
International Journal of Theoretical Physics, Tatra Mountains Journal of Mathematics, Studia Logica, Journal of Philosophical Logic, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Foundations of Physics, Algebra Universalis, Fuzzy Sets and Systems, Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics.
- President of the Italian Society for Logic and the Philosophy of Science (2017-2020);
- Full Professor of Logic and Philosophy of Science at Università di Cagliari (2001- );
- Member of the Panels of the Italian Quality Research Assessment (Italian Ministery of Research and University, 2015-2017).
- 1998, Birkhoff-von Neumann Prize, International Quantum Structure Association