In the years 1983 and 1984 she obtained a grant by Credito Industriale Sardo for the investigation on “Association constants of molecular complexes studied by spectrophotometry”.
From 1991 to 2001 she has been Collaboratore Tecnico in the Department of Inorganic Chemistry of the University of Cagliari, where she carried on her research activity in the Group of Thermodynamics of Complexes. She was the person in charge of analytical instruments and the head for the external advices of the Department.
From 1995 to 2001 she taught “Analysis of Inorganic Elements” in the Corso di Perfezionamento in “Analytical Chemistry of Waters”.
Since 2001 to 2006 she was Ricercatrice Confermata at the Science Faculty of Cagliari University.
From 2006 she is Professore Associato of Analytical Chemistry at the Science Faculty of Cagliari University.
1992 – “Corrosion properties of water of Casteldoria lake”, sponsored by ENEL (National Electric Company);
1992-1993 – Analysis of operation properties in the Waste water treatment plant of a metallurgical factory (SAMIM), sponsored by Regione Sardegna;
1997- Removal of wastes from the soil of the factory “Bridgestone-Metalpha”, sponsored by Court
She has been member of the organizing committee of:
- XI Congresso Nazionale di Chimica Analitica (Cagliari, Settembre 1994),
- VIII Italian-Spanish Congress on Thermodynamics of Metal Complexes (Cagliari, Maggio 1997)
- XIX Congreso Nazionale di Chimica Analitica (Pula, Settembre 2005).
- XVIII Italian-Spanish Congress on Thermodynamics of Metal Complexes (Cagliari, Giugno 2007)
- Summer School of Bioinorganic Chemistry (Cagliari, 7-11 Settembre 2013)
- Summer School of Medicinal Chemistry (Santa Margherita di Pula, 27 Settembre – 2 Ottobre 2015)
She is author of more than 110 papers on international journals and she presented her comunications in more the 120 congresses.
As guest editor she edited a Special Issue of Current Medicinal Chemistry devoted to Chelating agents in different human pathologies (Vol. 19, N° 17 (2012)).
Her work concerns:
a) factors affecting the reliability of parameters evaluated in the spectrophotometric studies of solution equilibria;
b) solution equilibria between metal ions and molecules of biological and pharmacological interest, using potentiometry, spectrophotometry and NMR;
c)distribution trace elements in human tissues in different pathologies with ICP-AES technique;
d) absorption properties of biomasses toward toxic metal ions in waste water treatment.
She has been founded by:
– Fondazione Banco di Sardegna for the resarch “Determination of trace elemnts in bioptic tissues from patients affected by metal overload diseases” in 2007.
– Regione Sardegna (Legge Regionale 7 agosto 2007) for the period 2012-2014 for the research “Metallic nanoparticles: the real cause of Quirra syndrome?”.
Member of research unit funded by PRIN in the years 1998-99, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2015-16 and by Azioni integrate Italia Spagna (MIUR) in 2001-02.