Two-year fellow researcher position in AI and NLP, University of Cagliari
One fellow researcher position (2 years) is open in the research group of Prof. Maurizio Atzori, within the Department of Maths/CS,
University of Cagliari, Italy. The position is in the context of the *HOPE project* (High quality Open data Publishing and Enrichment), which is funded by the Italian Ministry of Research with different research units involved: Sapienza University of Rome, Politecnico di Milano, Free University of Bozen – Bolzano, University of Milan, University of Cagliari.
The successful candidate will participate in a frontier research project aimed at designing and investigating the impact of natural language processing and question answering in open (big) data publishing. The aim of the project is to provide groundbreaking techniques able to bridge the gap between open data publishers (e.g. public institutions) and casual users by means of innovative interfaces that exploits artificial intelligence and the use of natural language.
The candidate is expected to have:
- a Master degree (Laurea Magistrale) in Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields
- Solid programming skills (any language is ok)
- Good command of English.
- A plus (not required): Ph.D. and/or scientific publications
What we offer
- Fixed-term employment contract (2 years, including medical and social insurance)
- The research activity will be carried out under the supervision of Prof. Atzori at the DMI, University of Cagliari.
- The possibility to spend a period of research in other research unit in Italy or abroad (e.g. California)
- Access to a large server for experiments with up to 1T RAM, multiple GPUs and 96 CPUs
- Salary: around 28,000 euros/year. Note that this type of research contract includes social insurance (28,000 euros/year corresponds to around 1,650 euros net per month).
How to apply
Informal inquiries can be sent by email to Prof. Maurizio Atzori (email@example.com).
The application will require a brief motivation letter, a detailed CV and contact details. Please include the job reference [HOPE PRIN] in the subject line.