The Department of Pedagogy, Psychology and Philosophy of the University of Cagliari will host the international conference
Metaphor and Argumentation
May 25-27, 2017
Department of Pedagogy, Psychology, Philosophy
University of Cagliari
The conference is part of an ongoing interdisciplinary research project on the persuasive effects of metaphors in argumentation. It aims to bring together leading experts from philosophy, argumentation studies, cognitive science, and linguistics in an attempt to shed light on the nature of metaphors and their impact and usefulness in argumentation in the context of a knowledge society.
- Nicola Angius (University of Sassari).
- John Barnden (Birmingham University)
- Francesco Bianchini (University of Bologna)
- Pablo Cobreros (University of Navarra)
- Chris Fermueller (Technical University of Vienna)
- Bipin Indurkhya (Jagellonian University)
- Alessandra Melas (University of Sassari)
- Alberto Mura (University of Sassari)
- Giuseppe Primiero (Middlessex University)
- Gerard Steen (University of Amsterdam)
- Tim Van Gelder (Melbourne University)
- Jean Wagemans (University of Amsterdam),
On Saturday, 27 May, there will be a satellite workshop on transversal skills in a knowledge society (in Italian). Further information on the workshop is available in the Workshop section of the conference website.
We would like to extend a warm invitation to participate to all those who are interested in cognitive, communicative, and linguistic aspects of metaphor and argumentation. No registration required. For further information on the conference please contact Amitash Ojha at email@example.com.
The conference is organised by the Department of Pedagogy, Psychology and Philosophy, with the financial support of the Regione Autonoma della Sardegna through grant L.R. n. 7/2007, ”Argomentazione e Metafora. Effetti della comunicazione persuasiva nel territorio sardo” and through Osservatorio socio-territoriale per la comunicazione pubblica.