Application Deadline July 15th, 2022
Acceptance notification July 31, 2022
Registration Deadline August 31, 2022
Conference Dates September 26 – 30, 2022
Application is now open!
The Summer School will host 40 young scientists and a maximum of 20 senior scientists*. All the applicants will have to submit an abstract, to present their research topic, results and goals. They will have to present their work via poster or oral presentation. Each candidate will be admitted to the Summer School after evaluation of his contribution and curriculum vitae.
For the Students and Young Post-doctoral Fellows: 525,00 €
For Non presenting Students (Auditors): 150,00 € accommodation cost not included
Registration fee includes:
- Accommodation in half-board (breakfast and dinner included) at the conference hotel in a double room shared with another participant. Single room accommodation can be asked at the organizing secretariat at the registration time paying an extra-charge to the hotel.
- Welcome conference kit and abstract book
- Everyday transfer from the conference hotel to Sardinia Ricerche scientific park
- Closing dinner
Accompanying Persons (Guest), that would like to come together with a participant but will not attend the lectures and presentations, have to register separately by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and will pay only the accommodation fee to their permanence at the hotel.
Senior Scientists* from academia and companies are welcome to join the meeting presenting their projects or expertise. They can email the organization at email@example.com asking for details
Consistent efforts are made to encourage the participation of students from overall countries, with particular regard to provenance form far/disadvantaged countries. The amount of each the travel grant will be decided according to the provenance of the student. Several travel grants are available from ESV and FEMS.
The applicant for ESV grant the needs to be:
– A PhD Student / Young Post Doc
– A presenting author of the abstract
If you want to apply for an ESV grant please write a “travel grant application” describing the relevance of participation in IAAASS for the candidate’s research project, counter signed by the applicant’s PI or doctoral thesis supervisor.
And upload it on the application webpage.
The applicant for FEMS grant needs to be:
– A member of a FEMS Member Society, confirmed by any officer of her/his society,
– Less than 36 years of age at the closing date of the meeting.
– An active microbiologist.
– A presenting author of the abstract.
If you want to apply for the FEMS travel grant please download here the FEMS Attendance Grant Application Form and upload it on the application webpage.
Awardees will be selected directly by the organizing committee of IAAASS based on the scientific quality and relevance of their submitted abstracts.