Theme 1) NEUROBIOLOGY
- Genetics of Alzheimer’s disease
- Genetics of primary headaches: migraine and cluster headache.
- Genetics of Schizophrenia and Bipolar disease
- Neurobiological mechanisms underlying alcoholism
- Neurobiology of nicotine addiction: involvement of the endocannabinoid system and its modulation by nuclear receptors
- Neurobiology of anxiety disorders.
- Role of the endocannabinoid system in eating disorders , mood disorders and in the processes of drug dependence
Theme 2) NEUROPSYCHOPHARMACOLOGY
- Epigenetic effects of lithium
- Pharmacogenetics of mood-stabilizing medications in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder
- Pharmacogenomics of suicide : study of the of polyamine system
- Cannabinoid – nicotine interaction in the mechanisms of dependence and relapse to substance use
- Mechanisms of antipsychotic -like finasteride
- Role of the basic mechanisms of neurodegeneration and cognitive impairments that accompany the abuse of methamphetamine.
- Study of the long-term consequences of drug intake during adolescence
- The chemical synthesis and pharmacological characterization of new allosteric modulators of the GABAB receptor .
- Assessment of the risk of lithium treatment in pregnancy
Theme 3 ) NEUROPHYSIOLOGY
- Adaptation of limbic neurons to chronic neuropathic pain
- Functional and molecular characterization of the endocannabinoid system in the limbic regions.
- Co -release of dopamine and noradrenaline from noradrenergic neurons in the cerebral cortex
- Study of the neural mechanisms underlying the neuropsychiatric diseases
- Study of interactions between nuclear receptors PPAR -alpha and nicotinic cholinergic receptors.
Theme 4 ) BEHAVIORAL NEUROSCIENCE
- Central control of erectile function and sexual behavior
- Interaction neurotransmitters – neuropeptides in central control of erectile function
- New neuroendocrine peptides : involvement in the sexual response in food intake and
- Schizophrenia and the endocannabinoid system : behavioral studies