The FIRST INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE of the JOURNAL SCUOLA DEMOCRATICA will be hosted at the University of Cagliari, Italy, June 6 through 8, 2019, by Scuola Democratica, Centro Interuniversitario per la Ricerca Didattica (University of Cagliari and University of Sassari), Il Mulino.
The conference stands as an opportunity to present and discuss empirical and theoretical works from a variety of disciplines and fields covering education. The focal theme of the Conference is a trend currently affecting many countries invested by processes of globalization: the advent of what Colin Crouch called «post-democracy» (check Keynote Speakers list).
Organizers, promoters and partners of the Conference wish to invite educators, teachers, researchers, scholars, academics, scientists, professionals, experts and policy makers to join the conversation and bring the disciplines towards a more integrated set of alliances by:
- promoting a trans- and inter-disciplinary discussion on urgent topics;
- fostering debates among experts and professionals;
- diffusing research findings all over international scientific networks and practitioners’ mainstreams;
- launching further strategies and networking alliances on local, national and international scale;
- providing a new space for debate and evidences to educational policies.